Friday, June 26, 2009

California Vacation

We are still here in Cali....and so I thought I might blog a little about what we are doing.

We arrived last Wednesday and thought we would be staying until yesterday, but Safta and Neil are having so much fun and the weather has been amazing....so we are still here. We head home tomorrow night.

Well, my mom left for China this week for a 2 week mission trip. She is working at a church heading up a VBS. I asked her to just grab us a child while she is there so we don't have to go through everything we did with Neil. Just kidding! Not really...OK we are! I miss her so much and wish I could be with her...maybe next time!

Coby celebrated his first fathers day in Grass Valley golfing, boating, BBQing and having a relaxing day! We drove up there to visit our friends who have a home there and had so much fun! Neil even went swimming in the lake and loved to jump off the dock. This child has no fear of the water!

I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday with my mother in law. We had a relaxing day of shopping and then Thai food for dinner. It was relaxing and a lot of fun!

We have been hanging by the pool, shopping, heading into San Francisco, the zoo, a train park, the A's baseball game, hooking up with old friends and eating non stop. It's been great.

But it has been amazing to watch Neil and his Safta. (That's Hebrew for Grandma.) They are having so much fun and she just lights up with him. It's been a nice break for Coby and I.

Well, that's about it for now. Hope your summer is starting off great and you find rest, relaxation and time with the Lord throughout the coming weeks!

No comments: