Friday, June 8, 2007

Content!

This word has been ringing in my head for this past week......content. May I encourage you with Psalm 90:1-2, "LORD, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are GOD."

I just wanted to take a moment to encourage you all with words from our Lord. During this time of waiting, my strength has been from God and in His strength I am content. I found something yesterday that I wrote back on January 11, 2006!! (a year and a half ago) and it was a prayer asking God for guidance with adoption. I had to sit back a moment and ask myself, "We have been on this journey that long?" I didn't even realize that much time had passed. I took the moment to thank God for his grace and the fact that He took away the anxiety that comes with waiting on the unknown. Coby and I sit here today still unsure of the time that we will be waiting to see our boy. It has been hard. I have to admit, this week has really been a struggle and I found myself leaning on my own emotions of "when are we getting this child?" God says, to cry out to Him in our times of need and trials and He will give us His strength. Revelations 1: 17-18, "....do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last, I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen."

To be reminded that God's time is so perfect and good and not my time. Coby and I are doing more then having a child, we are saving a life. We are traveling to a foreign country and going somewhere we have never heard of because there is a child who needs a family to love him and give him a life that he would never have if he stayed where he is in Kemerovo. To be given that privilege, I can't help but to thank God. I am so unworthy, but with the help and guidance of God, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

So, I am not asking for anything from any of you in this blog entery, I just want to encourage you! Whatever is going on in your life that you don't have a hold on, or your uncertain of, or is weighing you down or troubling you, turn to God. He promises us "that if You confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. " (Rom. 10:9) Then and only then can you experience true JOY and TRUE CONTENTMENT!

4 comments:

Deb said...

I just found your blog today.
I'm so glad I caught this post. Waiting during the adoption is hard. Thank you for the encouragement.

Troy and Rachel said...

Coby and Brandy - So glad to have found your blog. We too are using CHI and have been assigned to Vlad. We also have a blog you can find at http://www.journeywiththe williamsfamily.blogspot.com/
We have been assigned to Vlad. Our dossier just went a month ago yesterday. Waiting is harder than I imagined so I particularly enjoyed your post. I am adding you to my page under the blogs I read -I hope that's okay. I look forward to following your journey.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Thank you for the encouragement. You'd think, our waiting is almost over, why do we need encouragement?, but we do. Owen is so precious but has delays that we will definitely have to work on once we have him forever. It is hard to be content, to not question things. It was so nice to read your encouraging post of Scripture.

You're so strong! Keep hanging on! If you're not already on the Kemerovo yahoo group, join! I've loved being on the Vlad group. It's nice to have others to talk with who have been or are going to be going to your region.

Can't wait to share new pictures of Owen with you. You're still in our prayers!

Love,
Adrienne

silvia hebner said...

Hi Brandy, I was so encouraged by your blog...it is amazing that Gods strength is greater when we are weaker! We continue to pray and look forward to welcoming our new niece/or nephew! God Bless.
lots of hugs and kisses from all of us! Wes, Silvia, Wesley, Emi, & Becca.