Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Maybe Wednesday

Happy New Year to y'all. Hope you had a great holiday season. We just wanted to give a quick update to let you know what's going on with us.

The short of it is, we've been in talks with our agency the last few days and they think we could hear something a early as Wednesday. This will be the first day the country goes back to work after the Russian Orthodox holiday break.

So, they think we could hear something then. They've told us we're at the front of the line in our region so that's encouraging. They also mentioned us thinking about switching regions but we're not at that point and our rep in St. Louis wants us to hold off on that for a few days.

If we do get a call, they think it may be a month before we go because a lot will have to be done to combine two trips into one.

We're doing fine. Waiting as patiently as we can. Please keep us in your prayers.

Coby and Brandy

8 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

I'll keep praying and hoping things move quickly for you. I wonder how the other little boy is doing...

MandyJo013078 said...

I've been praying for you two and I hope that you can combine two trips into one and bring home the little guy that was meant for you! I know that God has a plan for you and your child to be! Good luck and I'm hoping today brings much news even if you do have to wait a bit to travel. Combining the trip might be worth it, plus who knows maybe you'll see you little one everyday while you are there? I'm hoping many blessings are coming your way.

Carey and Norman said...

This is fantastic news. I hope you get the Call this week and that travels will occur within the month. I am so thankful that they are going to work your two trips into one. After traveling last year, I'm sure you will be happy to bring home your child in the same visit. God Bless You as you wait!!

Ryan and Katie said...

I really hope you get the call soon. How do they rig combining two trips into one? I'm surprised, even given yoru circumstance, that Russia would allow that. We will be waiting and watching the blog to hear your news!

Ryan and Amy said...

You are so in our prayers. I know hearing "you'll hear something at any moment" can be so hard. Take care...the call WILL come.

Suz said...

Praying that you'll get the call soon! That's great that they think it could possibly be this week!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope you hear something very soon! You all continue to be in our prayers. I'm so glad you are going to be able to do just one trip. That will be wild! You need to talk with some of the families from China or other regions with one trip--I guess they all are always prepared to bring their child home right after they meet them! Wow! Maybe this week...:)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I really admire your strength and positive attitude, Brandy. I've thought of you often and continued to pray for you as I've been waiting for an update.

This is such great news! I can't wait to hear you've gotten the call to go back to Russia. How incredibly fortunate that you'll only have to make one trip! This is so unheard of now! Can't wait to hear all about it.