Thursday, December 11, 2008

A year ago...


Coby and I were thinking this past weekend where we were a year ago and what was going on in our lives. A year ago, Saturday was the day we got the call about our first little boy, Andrei and that he was sick with AIDS. Coby and I couldn't believe that it has already been a year.
The last update we heard about him was in August. He is still living in the Baby Home that he was in...the same one as Neil. He was actually in the hospital because he was ill the days that we were there to pick up Neil.

Coby and I think about Andrei off and on and his picture is still front and center on our frig at home. When I look at it, I smile. Knowing how sweet and happy he was and that because of him...we have our Neil. Not to take one ounce of credit from the Lord...but due to the circumstances of his illness, we were given Neil.

I pulled out our Christmas decorations this week and found a family picture with Andrei in it and we put it up just to remember him.

Isn't is beautiful to think that a year ago sitting in our agencies office and hearing this awful news, God was holding Coby and I whispering to us so softly..."just wait, I have something else in store for you, trust me."

That was a hard day..but a great day! I will always remember what my good friend Pat told me that day a year ago. She told me, "When we are in our lowest moments, it could be God's finest moment."

And it was! He opened to door to our Neil!

3 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Wow...thank you for sharing your heart. A friend once told me, "God will allow you to lose something good in order to give you something great!" I'm so thankful that God saw you through and matched you with Neil!!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I remember getting your email last year about Andrei. God is still using you all in Andrei's life with the things you all were able to do for him while in Russia and with your prayers and your ability to ask others to pray for him. God definitely had a bigger plan that I know was so difficult to see until you all met Neil in March. But you all trusted in Him, and He was faithful! Praise God for bringing Neil into your family!

Anonymous said...

Two very sweet boys. It is good to always remember Andrei for the reasons you have stated and pray that he is well taken care of.
Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Neil is a real cutie!

Susan, Kendall and Cody