Saturday, February 21, 2009

Neil is going in for the "snip snip"

Well, you can all be in prayer and thought Monday morning around 9:30 when little Neil will have his surgery that is long over due. We will be at Vandi and they have told us that it should be very quick. Neil will have to be put under, but not for too long.

Well, besides that we are all doing great! Coby has been in Cali since Thursday and will be home tonight! I can't wait! He was there with the principle of his school, a few teachers and admin staff. They along with about 300 other school staff were there for a conference in Long Beach. Coby sent me a picture of the sun set over the ocean and totally rubbed it in. I on the other hand was breaking up craziness between Neil, Trot and Pebbles. Coby soooo owes me!

Well, we got our 6 month Post Placement paperwork off and I am glad that is done! One down, 3 to go!

Well, for now, that's about it. I wish I had more time to write, but I am still finding most of my time chasing and playing with Neil and having a blast!

Coby and I are reading through a book with 3 other couples who each have one child and they are all about the same age. the name of the book is "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Ted Tripp. If you are a parent of a child ANY age, I highly recommend reading this book and if possible with a support group of parents! There are even questions at the end of each chapter.

Until then...

3 comments:

Mama Fish said...

We used this book with our older boys and loved it!

Mark and Janet said...

Hi, we've been following your blog because at one time we planned to adopt a boy from the same region of Russia as Neil. As things turned out we adopted our son from Guatemala instead. At 20 months old, he has been home 6 months now, and he is currently recovering from the infamous trip to Vandy's Pediatric Urology Dept. It was about a week-and-a-half ago, and he is doing great. All the doctors and staff at Vandy were great. He was pretty sore and mad immediately afterwards, but the meds helped, and he has steadily improved. Hope all goes well, and let us know if you want to hear more about our experience. Mark & Janet Carlton / jancrltn@aol.com

Joy said...

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy