Wednesday, July 4, 2007

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday and also remembering our country and all its freedom and our troops in war right now protecting our freedom as Americans!

Well, Baby OWEN is home!!! Jim and Adrienne returned home last night at 8:31pm and walked off the plane to TONS of people, welcome home signs, cameras (one being mine of course), stuffed animals, smiles, tears and nothing but joy! They looked great and so did Owen. To see our friends do what we are dreaming of doing one day.....brought joy to my heart.

Watching Adrienne last night holding Owen and introducing him to this enormous crowd of smiling faces, she was so happy and amazing! I think the first thing out of both Jim and Adrienne's mouth was, "this flight went a lot better then the other flight." Then the talk about Owen started......they are parents! And they looked and sounded just like parents! How beautiful a picture to see that God can place a child in their arms and they immediately become that child's provider and protector. That brought me joy knowing that, that WILL be Coby and I one day soon!

Well, I just wanted to say that Coby and I have picked out a name and it is............I can't say it yet. Sorry! We have to call the man who we are using his name and tell him before we tell anyone else. It's only fair. So I will try to have the name posted in our next blog.

Well, again, no news, and that is fine. I think this must be soon for us, because it seams to be the only thing people are asking us.....how far are you along? Well, we really don't know, and that's OK. As soon as CHI calls us and gives us the good news, we will pass it......I mean YELL it all along to everyone and so we can rejoice with each other!

I love quoting our Lord's words and ending my blog with encouragement to you all through our Lord, but today I thought I would quote one of my favorite songs and dedicate it to all the waiting mom's out there. What unmeasurable strength we draw from our Lord during this time as we all wait to see the face of our baby.
Adrienne.......may this bring back the moment you first saw Owen's face:

The first time ever I saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
and the moon and the stars were the gift you gave
to the dark and the endless skies.... my love

the first time ever I kissed your mouth
I felt the earth move through my hand
like the trembling heart of a captive bird
that was there at my command ....my love

the first time ever I lay with you
and felt your heart so close to mine
the first time ever I saw your face
your face, your face.... your face.


3 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

You are SOOOO Sweet!! We were so happy to see you two there last night when we rounded the corner and were greeted with such joy. Thank you so much for coming and for taking pictures!!! It meant so much to us that you were there, and your description of us with Owen was beautiful. We are looking forward to seeing you with ____ when he comes home too :)

The words to this song are beautiful, and YES, this is the way I felt and still feel with Owen. I can't wait for you to have this same kind of joy that only comes from holding your child in your arms. I know too well how hard waiting is. I know you are so strong, and we are praying for you everyday. It will all happen at just the perfect time, in God's time.


We'd love for you to visit when Owen is settled in. Thank you again SO much for coming last night.

Lots of love,
Adrienne

Troy and Rachel said...

I always love reading your posts because they are so positive and you always end with inspiration. Thank you for that.

I am so glad you got to be there for Adrienne, Jim and Owen. We miss not being close by!! I hope you hear something soon!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).