Monday, February 18, 2008

"Any news?"

This seems to be the question everyone has been greeting us with this past month. Not Hi! How are you? How are the dogs? How is the weather? How's work? Nope.....it's pretty much...."any news?" So I thought I might just write a little something to let you know what is going on right now with us. And just to let all of you know who have been asking.....that's fine, we appreciate your thoughts and concern. I have never encountered anything in my life that has grabbed the attention of so many people. Thanks you for asking and truly being concerned and loving us through this, we need it!!

Well, we were told that we do have tentative travel dates. The dates at this point are March 11-14. We will go and meet the child that they have referred to us. The trip will at this point, be very much just like the trip we took last October. So all of you that LOVED Coby's blogs....get ready, were going again and so we will try and make those updates even better!

So I know you are all sitting there going, "Wait! Did you just say you are making another first trip??" Yes, you are correct. Coby and I will be making two more trips.

Now....before you all go off the deep end...as Coby and I already have.....there are many reasons why we are going to have to return 2 more times. At this point, writing out the reasons and taking the time to explain why, will not do any good. Coby and I are having a very rough time and this past week has been the hardest yet. I know you all have heard me say this before....but truly this has been the hardest.

So we hope and I continue to pray for peace in our waiting to confirm these travel dates and to get a medical and pictures of the child. Please continue to pray for us, and specifically for our endurance to the end! Coming to a realization that our child will probably not come home until the end of spring, or even summer is trying on us.

I can't help but to be reminded of Peter in Matthew 14 where he walked on water out to the Lord. He saw the Lord walking on the water and so wanted to be out there with Him. As we so love Peter's excitement of faith and enthusiasm....he jumps out of the boat and walkes to His friend. His eyes fixed on Jesus and his thoughts not even on the rough water under him. But with time, he looks around and sees the immediate potential of death and fear engulfs him and doubt fades his view of his Savior. So he begins to sink and then cries out to Jesus, who does not hesitate or wait, but instantly pulls Peter out of his despair and sinking. Jesus did not allow Peter to go under the water and be overcome with death. He saved him!! When we call out on the Lord, He saves us immediately!

I know that God will continue to pull me out of my daily sinkings...when I call on Him. I also must remember that just because Jesus has reached down and pulled me out once, doesn't mean I have been freed of all future trials. It just shows me that He will never fail me. He is there with me as He says in Isaiah 43:1-2 "Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, You are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you."

This is encouraging to me, and I hope to all of you! No trial we go through is bigger then any trial Jesus went through for us! I can't sit down and reason why we continue to walk through these trials, but I must continue to walk the path that has been laid before me with my eyes fixed on the prize before me! Thanks you guys for loving us as we go down our path. It is one thing that fuels us to endure another day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been walking through very similar days as you have been. We were notified last week that we might not travel for court for another 4-5 months because of paperwork delays (again)--We waited about 3 months to travel on our first trip after we received our referral. We are also a CHI family waiting in Kemerovo. This last weekend was very hard for us as well. I'll keep you in my prayers as I know exactly how you are feeling.

JennyM

web.mac.com/jmartin7100

Joy said...

I will pray extra hard for you that Jesus gives you the strenght to make it through this hard time.
Joy

Carey and Norman said...

I know you and Coby have faced many challenges in the adoption process and I will pray God gives you strength and endurance to finish the race. I'm glad you have tentative dates. I know you wanted to make one trip, so I was sorry to hear that you would have to go back twice.

Lots of prayers are coming your way!!

Ryan and Amy said...

Glad you have tentative travel dates but sorry to hear you have been having a tough time. I know what you mean about the attention -I once saw a shirt that read "Yes, I'm still adopting...No, I haven't heard anything yet"...mabey you need that :)

You asked for prayers and I wanted to tell you that when you posted about Aubrey a while ago my 3 year old daughter saw me crying and came over to ask what was wrong. I explained that I was feeling sad because the little boy was sick. Since then she has prayed for him every night as well as for "all the children in the orphanges to find mommies and daddies like my brother". You continue to be in our prayers and I know they will be answered for you someday very soon.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Brandy, we are continuing to keep you all in our prayers.

Katie and Pete said...

Hi Brandy,

I've been following you blog for a while. I am a fellow Russian AP who had a similar situation. Our referral got very sick (long story but ended up being cancer)before we could go on trip #2.

I know how hard it is making a third trip. All I can say is that we have the most wonderful daughter at home with us. I still think about our first referral and will probably always.

Please know that I am thinking of you and will pray for a great trip and speedy return for trip #2.

Katie
katie63011@yahoo.com

Suz said...

Oh the Peter comparison to this adoption stuff is so relatable!! Thanks for sharing that.

I'm so excited for you guys getting your travel dates! Keep looking up to Jesus!