Friday, August 1, 2008

3 weeks from today.....

...is our GOTCHA DAY!! As my Great Grandmother would say, "If the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise."

OK...here we go!

I will post pictures as soon as I can of our wonderful cruise to the Caribbean! We visited the Grand Cayman's and Cozumel, Mexico. It was wonderful! Just what the Dr. ordered!!! I will say this. Coby and I growing up in Southern California never really thought much of the sun and what it does to our bodies. I always had a tan and Coby is dark skinned. Well, we were reminded on this cruise that our bodies have become Nashvillanized!! Coby and I are BURNT!!! My front and Coby's back! The nice couple that we ate dinner with every night even brought us the biggest bottle of aloe to dinner on our 4th night!! They felt bad for us! And they are from Kansas City?? Explain that! We are in the 'I have to find a tree and rub on it every second of the day' stage of the sun burn. I'm officially getting old because I think sun-tans are so overrated!!!

Well, a few updates on the adoption....our social worker is officially on maternity leave and our Russian Coordinator in St. Louis is resigning on this Friday. OK...that's OK..that's what I keep telling myself. Really, we will be fine, God will take us the rest of the way, I have NO DOUBT about that!

We booked our flights last night, still working on booking our hotels, filling VISA paperwork out today, Dr. visit on Monday, Coby starts his new teaching job on Wednesday and we are still working on some of our paperwork. Our agency fee is due at the end of the week (to describe how much is owed....the amount of a 'small car') Keep us in prayer this week we have a lot going on!! Nerves are wrestles, anxiety is peeking it's head, tempers are good...for now, and overwhelmness is trying to play a roll in this!!!I told Coby yesterday, if we can get through this month....we will be doing pretty good! Personally, I am going to hold tight to God's Righteous Right Hand that I love to hold so tightly and walk the path ahead of me!!

We will post our flight info a little closer to the travel date and let you all know the plan. But I just wanted to let you all know that we have a return date! It will be Wednesday, August 27th at 8:31pm and we would love ANYONE and EVERYONE to be at the airport!! I mean it! You have all been a part of our journey and we would love to see you and if we have never met, we would love to meet you at the end of this part of our journey! Come one come all and share in our special moment of hugs and loves!

Have a great Friday! I'm off to tackle paperwork!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yesterday just ended the last month that you'll be separated from your son.

I can't wait to see you all together.