Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Turn....

OK, Neil is taking his mid morning nap and Coby is taking his! So, I get to jump on and blog a little.

We are in Moscow right now and in about and hour we are meeting up with an American couple who live here in Moscow and we are going to go 'hit the town.' We are going shopping and to lunch and we will see from there. I met this couple through a friend of a friend. They live here and help American families who are adopting 'get around.' It is so sweet of them and what a blessing!!


Well, Neil slept over 10 hours last night and being in this family....that is a good thing! Coby and I love our sleep. I am thinking Neil is a perfect fit in that category! He is eating pretty good. We thought he would eat whatever....well....not true. We know what he doesn't like and the stuff that he does...we just keep feading him that. it's safe for now!


Well, our washer doesn't work in the apartment so I am apologizing NOW for the smell that you all will be smelling when we get off the plane. YES..that smell will be us! We packed clothes with the thought of wahing them and re-wearing them. Well, we are re-wearing them minus the washing.


Our cable is out, so we are back to watching Russian TV. Although not a whole lot of time for TV watching at this point.


We had our first real booboo this morning. Picture a sippy cup, a 'drunken' 17mo old Russian, not walking very good and falling forward onto the sippy cup. Yup...even a little blood. Coby told him he was fine and to rub some dirt on it, but considering where we are...THAT IS GROSS! I will say there is nothing sweeter then a baby loving on his mommy after a booboo!!


Well, I am fascinated with all the high-heel shoes that the woman wear here so I am snapping pictures of all the shoes the Russians are wearing. Coby is amused with the mullet thing going on out here. EVERYONE has one! So yes...there will be a blog when I get home called, "High Heels and Mullets."


Well, Coby is keeping you all updated on our events, so I thought I would just pop in and say hello. Jenny M. I have pictures and updated measurements for you when I get home! :-)

The weather has been wonderful! The Russian people love their babies, so Coby and I have had no problem getting to the 'front of the line.' All we do is show them the baby and we are in!

Our health is doing good. Patience is good...not great...but good. Smells are not bothering us as much this trip....I think there is a little Russian stink in our blood now, oh great!

And the best thing is Coby and I are settling in as parents easier then we thought. So for that I am going to give all GLORY and THANKS to God for creating this beutiful child for us.

Kevin and Hope....I still think Clay, Neil and then Sam. Coby thinks Neil, Clay and Sam....I say we just let them duke it out! (I miss you guys! Hope...there is NO way we could of done twins! My hat is off to you and Kevin...oh my gosh it had to be CRAZY with your boys here.)

Mom, thanks for watching the house and Sarah and Barb for entertaining her...hey, work on getting her to stay out here!


OK...gota run! Thanks for your prayers and thoughts and notes, we love reading them!

Neil's mommy!

2 comments:

JennyM said...

What, no pictures for this post? You have to be taking a ton. :0) Thank you SO much for taking the time to get info on our girls (and pictures!) I can't wait to see them. CHI actually sent us an update this week as well as pictures (which, I think were taken in May) so more pictures will be very welcome. Again, it means so much that you took time out of your busy schedules to help us.

So, only 2 more days and you are home. I can't believe things have gone so fast for you--only 1 1/2 weeks in country is amazing. It sounds like Neil is doing great and that you are all getting used to each other. Is the apartment working out well (besides the broken washer and cable)? I'll love to hear all about it when you get settled at home.

I've been thinking about you a lot during your journey. You are almost at the end. :0)

Anonymous said...

Coby and Brandy,
Neil is an absolute doll! Congratulations on beginning your journey of parenthood! Safe travels home.

Robert and Angela Herndon