Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cookie Counting Continues....


Bambam's turn.....oh yes, he loves the cookies too!!! Picking out which one he wants...

Eat up another day!!

"Can I eat all them now??"
(He is a Scottish Fold, so yes, his ears are supposed to be folded down, he was not abused as a kitten....oh wait Coby's BFF, Jason, did have one episode with him as a kitten that could of been the outcome of why we think B Cat is more dog then cat...don't ask)

I can't even start to explain how our office floor looks.....papers all over the floor. Yup, we are still getting paperwork and documents together for court. I seriously think I am going to come home and go through a shock of no more paperwork. Oh, what a blessing that will be!!!

Coby is at school today getting his class room together for school to start on Monday. I am running around to get documents from 2 Dr's offices. The pediatricians office and to our Dr. to get our x-rays.

I know you are all asking if we are excited..we are in heart, but we are in 'got to get everything done' mode that I think the TRUE excitement will come the moment we pick up Neil and we hold him in our arms, kiss his precious little head, hug him, look into his eyes and study his face. I know the smile I will have that very moment will be a smile that will not be removed from my face for a very long time. I can't wait to look up into Coby's face and see him smile at Neil and watch him kiss his face and touch it all so sweetly as Coby can.

I can not wait for the moment we walk out the old wooden front door of the orphanage holding Neil. As we walk down the 3 steps, go around the building, get into our awaiting car and drive away from the place that Neil has been living in his whole life. The home that Neil has been waiting for us in...his whole life. To sit down in the car with Coby next to me, probably telling me to stop crying. I love my husband for knowing me and knowing my heart.

I can't wait to drive away and to take one look back at the home that continues to hold our little Andrey and held our little Neil. To know that God will always hold Andrey every day he has here on earth and the fact that I find comfort and peace in that. Children are a gift from God.

I can't wait to put him to bed the first night. After he has closed his eyes and fallen asleep, I want to lay next to him. To love on him, rub his back, kiss him, look at him, take in his little sounds, his smells and then to watch Coby do the same. To do to him what only a mommy and daddy can do.. love him unconditionally. I can't wait to lay next to him, close my eyes and offer up to the Lord my tears of joy and my thanks and gratitude for MY child.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Those are the images that keep me up at night looking up at the ceiling and just thanking God and thanking God and thanking God!!! These are the things I am excited for, and I can't wait!!


These are the 2 things Coby did on Saturday..........

4 comments:

Deb said...

Adorable kitty. He looks really small. Our cat had the same coloring.

That's not a lot of cookies left. I can read the excitement in your post. So glad that your son is almost home.

Anonymous said...

Uh, B. They're called animal crackers because they are shaped like animals. Not because you feed them to the animals! At least you know you have a reliable disposal team working to keep your carpets and upholstery clean when Neil gets home. How do the pets feel about juice boxes? That would be huge if they are into fruit punch spills. I'm just sayin'...

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

You all are getting so close! I know the paperwork is so overwhelming because we had so much to do right before both of our trips, too! Hang in there...it will all get done, and you'll be on a plane before you know it!!

Ryan and Katie said...

I'm sure you guys will be leaving soon. We wish you many many blessings on your trip. It's YOUR TURN now. Enjoy every moment. And (if you're looking for advice) take tons of pictures of the baby home. We wish we had more.