Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back to the ER....

OK...I know that this blog needs to be about our road to our baby....but I guess you can call this a speed bump on the way...
We were back in the ER Monday night when we returned home from Chicago just that morning! After our excitement of Sunday night in Chicago in the ER. Coby thought we needed to see the Hendersonville ER on Monday night (that is a joke...). He ended up driving himself to the ER because he was having a hard time breathing and the itching was coming back. So as he was there they said that they needed to inject him with EPI and another steroid. Well.....I won't go into the details of everything....but Coby opted to pass on both of those and they gave him a few prescriptions...and he left. Well....around 10:30pm, I am woken up to Coby saying that he is not breathing too well and that the bumps on his body are coming back and he wants to go back to the ER. (yup.....3 times to the ER in less then 48 hours) So we get there and the Dr. looks at Coby and says, "I thought you might be back...just not so soon." So they give Coby the EPI shot and hook him up to an IV and give him Valium, a steroid and Benedryll. In about 10min, he was out! Sleeping and snoring in the ER!

Well, we have made an apt. with an allergy Dr. next week to see what is causing all of this. I can't wait to see what it is. We have a few ideas....but will know for sure when we see the Dr. As some of you have said, we do not want this to happen in Russia! Or at least if it does, we need to know what he is allergic to so we can try and stay away from it.

Coby is doing much better today. Please continue to pray for him and God's will in His life! :-) Besides that excitement of visiting the ER....there is no news on the home front! Love to all! Brandy

5 comments:

Deb said...

Oh wow! What a rough 48 hours for you both. I hope the doc is able to find out what is bothering him without too much trouble.

Becky and Keith said...

Oh the poor thing! I hope they can figure out what it is quickly! Moments like that are quite scary and frustrating all at the same time. Keep us posted!

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh my goodness. I'll definitely add Coby to our prayers!! I hope the Dr. can figure it out quickly so you can avoid it in the future.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

MY goodness!! I am so glad you are at home with him as he battles this allergy! I'm anxious to hear what it is...

Safta Datya said...

Well it's the night before you leave for your most exciting trip. Please be careful and know I will be with you all the way. Remember you will be in a different world. Don't worry about the snow, remember Whistler and all the other snow locations you visited and you will be fine.

Best of luck with your trip to Russia.

All my love, Aloha,
Mama.