Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Coby is fine!!!

Well....quick update......we went to the Dr. appointment today to check out what Coby's allergies could be and we got some good news. It is not life threatening!!!! I'm just kidding....we knew it wasn't, but I had to say it because the Dr. said it. It was funny because the Dr. had the same humor as Coby and loved golf and is Jewish.....need I say more?? He and Coby hit it off and at times I sat back thinking, "Are we at a Dr.'s appointment or a social gathoring?"

Anyway, the Dr. was great and he thinks that Coby is probably allergic to aspirin! Of course nothing is for sure until Coby has another reaction, and there is blood work done at the time of the reaction....but at this time, that is what we are going with. My mom is also allergic to aspirin and she found out a few years ago when she had the exact same reaction that Coby had while in Chicago.

So we have a few things we need to change....but over all, Coby should be fine! We have an EPI pen for Russia and a few prescriptions that Coby will take when we are over there that should help prevent him from having a reaction like he did in Chicago and when he came home.

Thanks for your prayers and I think the patient will live!!!!

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

I'm so glad you've narrowed it down! I'm sure having the epipen and the meds will set your mind at ease while in Russia.

Troy and Rachel said...

I am so glad it was nothing life threatening!! Always good to figure it out so he can stay away from it the future.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
What a cutey! You must be pooped out... but it looks like all the time, work and money was worth it.
Paula and I are so happy for you.... NOW GET TO WORK DAMN IT! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!
Fred