Thursday, September 6, 2007

WE GOT A REFERRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.....the long awaiting day has finally come!!!! We were given a referral for a little boy....and we accepted it!!!!!!!!! He is almost 15 months old and he is ...of course.....the cutest thing ever!!! Coby and I are hoping to find out our travel dates in the next few days....so we will let you know as soon as we know!!

We have been asked by our agency to not post pictures or details of the little guy....but after a few days of prayer and Dr. consultations, we called CHI this morning and said YES!!!! OK...now I'm emotional! It has been a few crazy days, but to sit down and actually write to you all that we have been shown our little 'Neil Hollis' is oh so sweet!

I will write more in the days to come. All you mom's out there waiting, it is amazing to get the call. Almost not real. I think Coby and I are in shock. God's blessings DO come at a perfect time! And these children that we are all waiting for, your child will be a blessing and I now I see how God's time is perfect. This child came to us at the best time in this child's life. I guess I have been thinking that he would come to us when our time was right, but now I see that this little one is coming to Coby and I at the best time of his life.

Also, don't stop praying for your little one. I have seen how my prayers and everyone else praying for Neil has been helpful. We have seen how prayer works and have been shown glory and grace from God.. when we read the info on him. We were given his medical report and some pictures to use when consulting a Dr. I can truly sit back and see that God's hand was laid on our little one. He was protected and held in our heavenly fathers hand until he was ready to be placed in our arms. GOD IS SO IN CONTROL and I don't know how better to say it. Maybe that's why John 16:33 is my favorite verse....."In this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have OVERCOME THE WORLD!!"

Mothers to be....continue to hold on to the hope! All my prayer warriors....don't stop, we need it now more then ever! Family and friends, it is your love, smiles and listening ears that have been our encouragement!

My heart sings and leaps for joy,
my eyes hold tears of contentment and peace......
for MY GOD has shown favor in me and has blessed me with HIS GRACE!!

19 comments:

Christy said...

YEA! I don't even know what to write. I am so happy for the three of you!

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!! I am so incredibly happy for you!! We can't wait to hear more. What a wonderful time in your life. I hope you hear travel dates soon to meet your little one and may God continue to hold him close and you two as well.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh my goodness gracious! I am crying so hard with tears of joy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is such a happy day, and we are so happy for you!!!!!!!

We can't wait to see sweet little Neil's face!

Living to Love said...

Congrats!! I normally read Jim and Adriennes's blog and Adrienne shared the information of the referral with us! How exciting!!! My prayer for you guys is the time spins by as you are waiting to travel and then to travel again!

Becky and Keith said...

CONGRATS!! How exciting for you and your family! We'll be praying for you both and Neil of course. I hope you get your travel dates very soon!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you all! I'm sitting in an airport checking my email and was so happy to see that you finally have a referral for little Neil! I can't wait to see his pictures and hear all of the details! :)

Janine said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!! How very exciting to finally see your little boy!!

Deb said...

I'm so happy for you! He sounds like the perfect little guy for you and Coby.
Thanks for the encouraging words.

Ryan and Amy said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! I am SO happy for you, I'm in tears...your words here are so touching and I needed to read them today...so thank you! We cannot wait to hear more on your journey and details. Our prayers are with you for safe travels and a speedy court date! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are also adopting from Russia. We are at the beginning of the process, and it is going very slowly. Thanks for reminding me that God's time is based on what is best for our child, and not on our needs. I need to hear that today! Congratulations on your referral! What joyous news! May God continue to bless your family.

MandyJo013078 said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you I just found your blog today - actually Adrienne had posted about you in her blog so I had to check it out! Good luck and keep us all posted on your journey! You'll all be in my prayers!
MandyJo

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations. I haven't read your blog in awhile and saw mention of your referral on Adrienne and Jim's blog. Many Blessings as you go to meet Neil. We are so very excited for you and your family. I loved the name and the story about telling your grandfather the name you've chosen. Very sweet.

I can't wait to hear when your travel dates will be. Norman and I leave next week for Vlad to meet our princess on trip #1.

Jane and Jim said...

I KNEW it was coming soon!!! I'm soooo happy for you. It's so awesome that your day has finally come. God is GREAT!!!!


YAYAAYYAYAYAYAYAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ryan and Katie said...

Congratulations and Praise God!!! I read about your referral on Jim and Adrienne's website. We are also adopting from Russia and have met our little guy, but are now waiting for our second trip. The verses you have posted are such an encouragement in a time of waiting. It is wonderful to hear that God has placed this little guy in your family and I will look forward to hearing all your travel updates!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! My husband and I are a fellow CHI family and we received our referral from Kemerovo a couple weeks ago! We might travel together! We haven't received travel dates yet because (as told by CHI) the person who gives those out in Russia is on vacation. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. We've already been waiting 2 weeks. If you would like to email me privately, I'll include my email and also my blog address.

jmartin7100@mac.com (email)
web.mac.com/jmartin7100 (blog)

Jenny

Mary Kelley said...

Prayers are answered!!!! Yea God! Just a friend of Jim and Adrienne. God Bless you all!!!!

Suz said...

Oh I am so excited for you!

I will enjoy reading about your adventures in adoption!

Denise :o) said...

Congratulations!!! It's a wonderful feeling. Still remember it like it was yesterday! Hope you travel soon!!!!! :o))))

Anonymous said...

You have reduced me to tears. How sweet to hear about your first encounter!! You have been continually in our thoughts and prayers. We have checked on Trot and Pebbles, and have gotten the mail. We will put it on your counter before we leave!! Continue to have a great time. I know that God will continue to bless you both. Love, the LeGates