Thursday, September 27, 2007

We leave in 24 hours!

Well, I want to first say how wonderful everything has been. Coby and I received our VISA's on Monday and finished up our last bit of paperwork and packed yesterday. As I was checking the weather over there, we found out that they are expecting snow Monday-Thursday. So as Coby said, 'that should be fun.' I don't know if he meant that as a good or bad thing?? But it definitely will mean more reliance on our Lord!!

Well, if I can ask all of you for your prayers while we are over there, we will greatly appreciate them! Please pray for our travels and everything that goes on with traveling over seas. Also pray for our health and that we will be energized! (yes, like the energizer bunny...that will will keep going, and going, and going.....) Lastly, for wisdom and clarity about this little one that we are about to meet. One of my BSF ladies told me yesterday in an e-mail that, 'I know God has gone before you and made your path clear.' That is such a comfort and knowing and believing that is an even more comfort! Or days were already planed even before time. Psalm 139 says it best and I love this Psalm because it is an encouragement. (my grandfathers Psalm) v.13-16 "For You formed my inward parts: You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest part of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written. The days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."

Well, we are very excited about this trip and all the adventures that we will encounter. We would love to hear from you all while we are there, so write on our blog and I guarantee it, we will need it!

Praise be to God from whom all blessings come!!!!!!
Talk to you from Moscow! Dasvidaniya!

12 comments:

Suz said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you and look forward to reading all about your adventures in Russia!

I pray that all things work smoothly and everything just falls into place for you!

Safe traveling!

Anonymous said...

Dear Brandy & Coby, As you begin the Birth of yuor adption of this Special little One, may the Lord of the Universe, grant you all your desires. You know my prayers for safty, and quick resolve of any legal situations. So pray often, relax, and enjoy this first step in the next exciting phase of, building your family. I admire and love your both, In Christ's all powerful love, Mom-- & YFMNL

Jane and Jim said...

We'll be praying for you too! Have a great and safe trip. We'll keep up with you through your posts.
Jane

Troy and Rachel said...

Have a wonderful trip and remember to enjoy meeting your little one and enjoy each other as you embark on this trip to expand your family. We will pray for your safe travels and we can't wait to hear more!!

Carey and Norman said...

We are so excited to hear that you are leaving soon to meet your little one. We cannot wait to read your blog while in Russia and follow your journey to meet your son for the first time. We will pray for your safe journey and time spent with your son in Russia. We are so excited and look forward to hearing more about your time together over the next week.

MandyJo013078 said...

Brandy and Coby -
I'm so happy for you that got your referral. I can't wait to hear about your little boy! I've got you guys in my prayers for a safe trip! I can't wait to hear how everything goes! Try to sleep when you can and take care of yourselves drink lots of bottled water!
MandyJo

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Brandy and Coby-we are sooo excited for you all!! I hope your trip goes very smoothly, and we will continue to pray for you all for wisdom and guidance as you all meet this little one! We look forward to hearing about your visits with him! We must get together when you return! We've missed Pebbles and Trot, and we look forward to seeing them again! I really wasn't afraid! HeeHee!! :)

Anonymous said...

Coby &Brandi, We are wishing you guys a safe and wonderful trip, can't wait for you guys to bring the lil Neil home one day soon, As they say...Good things come to those who wait.The wait in the long run was well worth it. We love you guys,

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

We know you must be soooo excited. I can't wait to read your posts from your visits with your son. Enjoy every single minute of it!!!

We'll be praying for you and can't wait to see you again!

Deb said...

You're on your way. I will be praying for you while you're gone. Praying for all that you mentioned and whatever else comes to mind.

Have a super great time and enjoy every second with your little guy. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I keep thinking about you guys and pray that you are safe. I know you will have an amazing experience meeting your little one and my future nephew. By the way, Coby, be glad you missed the game this weekend. It was ugly. We won, but it was ugly. Just thought I should keep you posted. I love you both and am so excited for you.

Safta Datya said...

I was so glad to read your update. You made me laugh and cry at the same time. These stories must go into a scrap book for Neil to read in the future.

I am sitting on our lanai on our last morning in Hawaai watching a beautiful rainbow appear and disapper. The ocean is very blue and there is a cool breeze blowning through the palm trees branches. As beautiful as it is here, I'd give it up in a miniute to be with you and experiencing what you are going through.

It is 8:45 am Hawaii time (you forgot to calculate the time difference to Hawaii.) We are getting ready to go have breakfast and off to snorel for the last time this trip. We have to check out by 12:00 and store our lugage until this afternoon since we don't leave until 9:30 tonight. We will finish out the day with some more food and shopping (we became experts at doing both.)

Keep up the good spirits and good luck with your visit to the meet Neil.

Much love, Safta Datya