Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fires in California






These are updated photos from Coby's friend Brian who took these photos from the hill in front of his house.








I thought I might just post a quick blog about my family in California....

My grandparents have evacuated from their home in San Diego a few days ago. The home is still there, but they evacuated...just in case. They evacuated to my aunt and uncle's house which is also in San Diego. My brother and his family were told yesterday morning at 6am to pack up and get ready to evacuated. So they got ready, but never had to leave. The fire in San Marcos (San Diego) became under control, so they never had to leave, and my brother Wes told me last night that they are fine and will not have to leave.

My parents home in LA is doing fine. This is the home I grew up in and I have evacuated from this home once before when I was younger. There was a fire that was burning in the direction of their home (Castaic Lake) but that fire, was kept under control.

My mother just called me this morning and told me that my aunt and uncle and grandparents have just evacuated from my aunt and uncle's home in Valley Center (San Diego). My aunt has many horses and animals and my uncle is a landscaper and has all of his equipment at their home. I am not too sure what their plan is...but please keep them all in your prayers as they are leaving their home. I will keep you posted.

One of Coby's co workers from his TV days in San Diego (CBS), Larry Himmel lost his home in one of the San Diego fires. Coby used to travel for sporting events with him. He was Coby's reporter, while Coby produced. Larry actually took a camera guy up to his home and did a live shot in front of his home as it burned to the ground. CNN and most of the stations are airing his story. Coby said that Larry is a great guy and he always loved traveling with him! Please keep Larry and his family in your prayers as they go through these next few months of adjustment.

I leave in the morning for California for my a baby shower this weekend. I am flying into Burbank, not LAX. My sister in Law Lucia and my family are throwing a shower for me...so I can't wait!

Please keep the family's in San Diego and LA in your prayers and if anything else happens with my family, I will let you all know!

Oh ya...no new news with the adoption. All is quiet on the home front!
Love to all!

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Sorry to hear about your family in California. We will definitely keep them in our prayers. Have fun at your shower. I look forward to reading about all the goodies you receive!

MandyJo013078 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family and friends going through the fires. I hope that everyone stays safe. I'll keep you in my prayers as you travel for the baby shower! Mandy

Jane and Jim said...

Your family and friends are in my prayers. It's a horrible situation. Poor Californians - they have mud slides, severe drought, wild fires, and earthquakes. But it's sooooo beautiful there! How can that be right?

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh, Brandy, we will keep your family in our prayers. These fires are so terrible. It is hard for me to watch them on tv so I can only try to imagine what it is like for the people who live there are see them every day as they threaten their homes. I am glad your family is safe.

On a happy note, YEA!, you're having a baby shower in CA!! :) I'm so excited for you. I hope you have a wonderful time!