Thursday, October 4, 2007

Our last blog

Well, here we are in Moscow and it is our last day. It has been a long trip and we are both very tired and can’t wait o be back home. Although, this trip will be one that we will never forget!

I think our last blog left you with our morning visit to our little guy. So this one will pick up with our last visit with him.

We went in the afternoon and this time we went into the Dr.’s room to visit with him. When we walked in we knew right away that we were in the room that all the health and Dr. stuff is done in.

Coby and I thought that this last visit we would just pretty much let him do whatever and we would just kind of hang out with him. Well…….that’s not exactly how it went. Remember our theme throughout our trip….smells…well, the granddaddy of them all is about to happen!

So after about 10min of visiting with him, we realize that he is much happier then he was in the morning. He is laughing and smiling and hanging on us and cuddling and playing. He actually wanted to love on Coby more then me. We would law on the floor and he would lie on top of us and laugh and we were having a great time.

Well, in walks a lady with more hot tea and some kind of rice casserole. She tells him to come sit on the chair so he can eat it. He walks over to her and she motions to me to put him in the chair and feed him. Well, I start feeding him and then hand it off to Coby.

I think Coby has the hang of it and it doing a great job of feeding him. He finished all the casserole and tea (the serving was as much as I would eat) and we wipe him clean and put him down. Well, he is happy and laughing and wants to play. So Coby picks him up and starts to hold him over his head and he is laughing and smiling and it is the cutest ever. (see where this is going????)

So then I do the same and he again is laughing and even cooing a bit and just having a great time. He probably laughed and smiled more at this point then he had at any other visit. So after about an hour Natasha walks in and says that our time is up in 5 minutes and we should begin to say our good bys. So I am sitting on the ground with my knees bent and he is sitting on me looking right at me.

I start kissing his neck…you know that little area that you could just eat up…..and I look at him and he decides to give me a going away gift. He throws up all over me…4 times! All that food…and that was a lot of food….was no all over my sweater, his shirt, his pants and through m sweater. I think I would have joined in with him if Coby didn’t walk over and tell me to breath through my mouth.

Oh, and did I tell you that the Dr. and our translator were in the room and saw this happen? So there we are sitting there…we both stink and are completely covered, and he is just looking at me like, ‘now what?’ No tears or anything….he was just like….’that was fun….can we play some more.’

So his care taker comes in and takes him and we say by and he leaves and I am standing there covered and smell like…well….you know what. Our smell stories just keep getting better and better! So after using 10 hand wipes to try and get the smell out, we go to the Director’s office to get our coats and she looks at me and says something to our translator and I can only imagine what she said….”welcome to motherhood.” Yah, I thought I got my welcome gift this morning with all that fun….I didn’t need seconds!

So, I guess there is a blessing to this. Coby and I really didn’t know how we would feel after we said our goodbyes. This was good. Instead of crying all the way back to the hotel, I was breathing through my mouth and trying not to gag by the smell of myself.

Well, we caught a 7:40am flight the next morning and on the way to the airport, f course, it started to snow. The snow that we had yesterday stopped and actually most of it melted away. But this morning it was colder and snowing again. So we got to the airport and realized that there is only one flight out the entire day.

So of course Coby had to state the statistics of that. You know….1 in 100 plains crash. Well, if there is only 1 plain and 1 flight and we are it……you get the picture. Thanks Cobe!

Our translator had written out for us in Russia a little something to give to the check in people that asked if we could sit somewhere that had more leg room for Coby. Well, we walk up to the counter and hand it to the first lady…who hands it to the second lady….who hands it to a guy twice the size of Coby and they all look at us and shake their head…no! Great…..this is going to be fun!

So as we are waiting to board the plain, I find the tallest and largest man in the airport and I point him out to Coby and say, “watch….that is who they are going to put next to you.”

Well……Coby and I get on the plain and they put us in the emergency row and we were very thankful! Coby had tons of leg room!!! BUT…..guess who was walking down the isle and looking right at the seat next to Coby….you guessed it, the tallest and largest man on the plain. The best way to describe him, is to say that he is built like a linebacker! So Coby got the leg room, but absolutely NO arm movement at all. And did you know Coby is left handed?

Well, the flight was fine and we slept for most of it. We arrived in Moscow at 8:10am (we gained 3 hours) and drove in traffic….yuck…..for over 2 hours to our hotel. It was painful! Here, let me paint a picture. Take a car the size of a Honda Civic and put a truck in front of it, on either side and behind it. Now, take the exhaust pipes for all those trucks and aim them right at the Honda Civic. Now, open the vent to ‘outside’ air in the car. Lastly…….start breathing like this for 2 hours! I think Coby and I thought we were going to die!

I must say, the traffic was the worst traffic that Coby and I, hands down, have ever been in. Just to arrive at the hotel at 10:30am and we walk up to the desk and they said that there are no rooms ready and they probably will not be ready till 2pm! Ok, shoot us now! We quickly look around for those couches that we occupied a few days ago when we had to kill 7 hours.

Well, they did get us in at 12:30 in a smoking room and we took it. At this point our lungs are blacker then black it didn’t matter.

Oh, totally forgot…..funny story…when was the last time you were flying and you realized…..hum….someone’s smoking?? Well, for me, that would be today! Yup..as Coby said earlier in another blog, we are not in Kansas anymore. About 30 minutes before we landed, someone lit one up in the bathroom on our plain. NICE!!

Well, we got a wonderful tour of Moscow from a lady named Olga. She is a school teacher. We drove around the city for a few hours and she gave us a wonderful tour! She knew EVERYTHING there was to know about Moscow. We even got to go to the Red Square. It was wonderful! It was a perfect end to the week!

Well, this is the second time that I am typing this to you all because we bought a 1 hour internet card, and it ran out 2 min. before I was done and I lost my entire blog. So I am re-doing it and I hope it sounds ok. Please pray for our flight in the morning. They are saying that it is going to be cold again and possible snow….we will see.

Well, we hope that you have all enjoyed our bloging and we haven’t made things out to be bad. We have loved every min. of this trip because it has created memories for a life time and longer. We can not wait to see you all and share our pictures and tell you even more stories that didn’t make the blog…yup there are more!

Thanks to everyone who have been praying for us and keep them going…our journey is far from over! BSF ladies, I can’t wait to see you Saturday morning at 7:25am! I will be the one in the corner sleeping! (just kidding!) I have missed all your encouraging faces!
Mom…I have missed your voice too!

See you all very soon!
Brandy and Coby

10 comments:

Jane and Jim said...

Wow, what a stinky trip! I'm sure you'll be glad to back to rest and get some good ole oxygen. The baby sounds like he's a little angel, I can't wait so see pics when he's officially yours!

Christy said...

Aww, I want to come to Leader's Meeting on Saturday.....

We are praying for your return trip, and that you will get to go back to Russia soon!

MandyJo013078 said...

Brandy and Coby - I'm so sorry that you had to deal w/ the puke ... but I'm sure years from now it will be a funny story to tell your little man! My prayers are with you for your return trip! MJ

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Your posts have been hilarious! I got caught up on them today. I'm so glad to hear that your visits went very well and can't wait to see your pictures! :) Safe travels!

Safta Datya said...

You will read this when you are back home. Yup, you have been inducted to parenthood, explosions, puking, loving, playing and on and on and on. I can't wait to talk to you, hear more stories and see picturs. Have a safe trip home.
Love Savta.

Carey and Norman said...

Glad your final visit went well and was memorable. Ha. We are glad you are on your way home. I was going to tell you that I had the same problem typing my blog and I began typing mine in Word and then copying them over and pasting them into my blog. You must double space again after each paragraph, but it made it much easier and safer to keep what you had already written. I think mine would lock up when trying to d/l pictures and would cause our deletion, but anyway this is a great option and doesn't take up your internet time. Just type and save in Word and then log into the Internet. Quickly, cut, paste, and post and your done!!

Deb said...

What an amazing journey full of wonderful and not so wonderful stories.

Ryan and Amy said...

Wow, will you be ready to be home. I can't wait till you can post some pics. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and hope you will get lots of rest when you return.

Mama Fish said...

Your blogs are so funny! You definitely write with a great sense of humor. My husband who is not a blogger just cracked up at Coby's movie posts. Nick, Nick, Nicko, Nicki.... Natalia, Natalia, Natalia, Natasha. And your typed interpretation of the Russian language. Especially the one with the "Da?" at the end. Hilarious! We too are adopting from Russia....in the waiting process. Your little one sounds precious! I hope all goes smoothly and you are able to finalize the adoption soon!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I just discovered your blog! It was hard to read through my tears of laughter. I just love it when people are so honest and candid about this whole adoption experience. Parenthood is wonderful, but there is nothing more humbling ...

Wishing you to fast courtdate to bring your little guy home!