Monday, June 16, 2008

Letting it grow....

OK....you know how athletes grow out their facial hair when they are in the FINALS or the World Series or the Stanly Cup Playoffs!!?? Well...Coby has decided to grow out his facial hair until we get the call for the court date. Personally, I like it, but we feel we are in the FINAL days before we get out court date and we are getting 'down and dirty.'

Some of you know that I decided that I was going to grow my hair out and not cut it until Neil comes home. Well, I have had short hair that I LOVED for many many years, and this long hair is driving me crazy. I have been growing it for over 2 years and I started with a very short 'boy' cut. We know that growing our hair is silly and it doesn't help little Neil get here any sooner. But Hey!! We don't have the opportunity to watch my belly grow for 9 months...so you can all watch my hair and Coby's facial hair grow.

Well, quick update on our last week. My last update was on Coby's birthday. We had a great day and we were coming home from his softball game that night, and we got a call that his Grandmother's brother died. So we decided to drive to his funeral the next day in Chicago. So we left late on Thursday (around 6pm) and arrived in Chicago at 4am!! (Yuck!) The weather was bad, a few road blocks and missing our off ramp added a few hours to our drive. 9am Friday morning was the funeral and then we spent the day with Coby's family who we love and always have a great time with. Even though it was a sad day that brought us together, we still had a wonderful time seeing everyone and answering all the questions about the adoption.

We drove back Saturday mid morning and listened to the US Open on our drive back, but made it in time to see Tiger's amazing last 3 holes!! Father's day, Coby had clients all day, but we enjoyed our evening with our friends at their house swimming, watching the US Open and eating pizza!! It was a nice day!

Well, we decided to call our agency this morning and ask what the update was because we have not heard anything in 3 weeks. They informed us that Russia has asked for ANOTHER document from us. I know you all just took a deep breath and said 'NO!!' That's how Coby and I felt. I guess they are asking this form from us and another family. So Coby and I are working on getting it together and will hope to send it off tomorrow. Russia informed us that once this document is received they can continue with getting a court date.

OK....let's all take a deep breath and think of the good that is in this! It is not news that Neil is sick, it is not a form that will cost us anything more then a few dollars and a drive to a few places to get it completed, it is only one form, not 12!!! And most importantly, God's plan of Neil coming home to us has not changed. He is still orchestrating this and protecting Neil and strengthening us in our trials. (I think I can see the muscles growing on my arms!!) My mother sent me an e-mail the other day and told me this that I want to share with you all...

Brandy, As Elisabeth Elliot says, "Many of our prayers are directed toward the quick & easy solution. LONG SUFFERING (I don't like that word) is sometimes the only means by which the greater glory of God will be served, and this is for the moment, invisible. WE MUST PERSIST IN FAITH. GOD has a splendid purpose. Believe in order to see it." II Cor. 4:17-18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen ARE ETERNAL. Yes, my prayer is Lord give us this today.

Thank you mom for your encouragement and may God's words through you encourage all of you reading this!

3 comments:

JennyM said...

Hi Brandy & Coby,

We are the "other family" that CHI is requesting the other document from. I would love to know our court date is coming soon but we don't anticipate ours until August or September (based on a 6 month wait from a court decision that was made in March -sigh-). I'm sure you will get your court date very soon! I know you must be excited. We have already been waiting over 6 months to return to get our girls so our visit in December almost seems like a dream now. :0)

I would love to chat over email if you get a chance. My email address is: jennym7100@mac.com

Our blog site is: web.mac.com/jmartin7100

I'd love to hear about your experiences. I hope your wait ends soon!

Jenny Martin

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That's so frustrating to have another document. I know you are so ready to see little Neil again!!! We would love to get together with you all when it works out, so give me a call and we can schedule something!

Carrie said...

Hang in there!! Surely it won't be long now!!