Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS!!!!


Well it's been a couple of weeks since I've started growing my goatee. In case you haven't been following along, Brandy and I decided that she wasn't going to cut her hair and I wasn't going to shave until we had some news.....



Guess What?!!!.........




After getting an email this morning from our agency saying they hadn't heard anything from our region, we received a call from our rep about 4pm tonight with the news we have all been waiting for....WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!!!!!
It's August 21st. We don't have any travel details yet. They think we'll know everything in the next two weeks.
So until then, we'll just count down on the calendar (44 days, but who's counting) until that day we stand before the judge and then go to the orphanage to pick up Baby Neil and bring him home forever.
Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and support. We are truly blessed to have all y'all (Southern term) in our lives.
We'll keep you posted when we learn more.
Love,
Brandy and Coby

18 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Yippee!! That's great news and you have time to actually book decent flights and get all the things done without a major rush! Congratulations!!

AdoptaMama said...

Yay! Congratulations! I agree with Rachel -- you'll have enough time to get things done without rushing too much, although no doubt, you'll still be rushing until the last minute. Time's gonna fly. Congrats again!

~Patti

Ryan and Katie said...

FINALLY! What a wonderful day! We are so thrilled for you. I'm already looking forward to to Coby's stories while you are in Russia this time!

Safta Datya said...

Getting the call from you with the news was the best thing that has happend in a long time. I am so happy and excited for all of us. Can't wait to great you at the airport and hold my grandson in my arms for the first time.

Much love and patience until the day to bring Neil home,
Savta

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so glad I decided to check your blog real quick before getting off my computer for the night! Praise the Lord!! Yippee!!

Joy said...

What wonderful news!! You must be so excited.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
Joy

Shane & Marie said...

How wonderful! Congrats on your court date!

Emily said...

Whoohoo!! Chop that hair off...for good reason! Can't wait to meet precious Baby Neil!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Robert and I are so happy to hear this long awaited great news! Good things come to those who wait!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! happy birthday to me, i get to meet my new lil cousin soon!...that is WONDERFUL NEWS! time for a hair apt right??

love,
Cousin Sarah

Christy said...

Yea!!!!! He'll be home in time for football season!

Mama Fish said...

I love the photos you guys!! I am SO glad to hear that you have a court date! I know this has been one LONG journey for you two! Congratulations!!

Shannon said...

Yippee!!! yahoo!! and all that really great stuff.....What wonderful news. I'm so happy for you both. I know this has been a really long wait. Now the rush begins again to get packed, tickets, etc... At least you have a few weeks to get ready. Although if you are like me, I do better sometimes under pressure. Less time to procrastinate. :)

Again, Congratulations on the court date news. So happy for you!!!!!
Shannon

Katie and Pete said...

I am so happy for you!! Congratulations.

Deb said...

Yahoo!!! Congratz. So glad to hear this news.

Suz said...

Oh this is wonderful news! I ditto everything everyone else has said about the better airfare and such!

Ok, now I want to see a pic of the shorter hair!

Happy animal cracker eating!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME NEWS!!
You are both in our thoughts and we are so excited for you both!

Kendall, Susan and Cody!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

HOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! I'm sorry I've not checked in until now!! We are thrilled for you!!!!