Wednesday, July 2, 2008

When will this end?

I don't know...but the Lord knows.

Why do we continue to suffer? "Trust me!"

Why is it taking so long? "My time is not yours"

Wouldn't it be so much better for Neil to be here with us? "I am protecting him, and always will"

Why can't our questions be answered? "Glory will be given to Me only!"

We are tired, we are wanting to quit. "My strength alone is what will get you through."

I want this pain to end. "I will be with you and will never leave you....I am here with you during your pain."

These are my questions to the Lord followed by what He whisperers into my hart. Coby and I started our adoption journey over 2 1/2 years ago and we still don't know when we will bring home our baby. So many unanswered questions....

But if our questions were answered would that bring us peace? Momentary peace....yes! Eternal peace.....no. John 14:27 says that God's peace is not as the world gives peace, but as He gives it to us and we are not to fear knowing His peace is SO much more. It is eternal!

I sit here tonight and think on this. My relationship with Christ and my salvation in Him is my only peace. It is the only peace that settles me, holds me together and will bring joy back to my soul.

Waiting forces you to live in the moment. Does it not? If you have been promised what you are waiting for then LIVE until that promise is fulfilled!

If only my desire to have Neil home was the same for the return of Christ for His church! Would I share the love of Christ more often? Would I love more...as Jesus loved? Would I speak my hart of passion for Christ in ALL that I say and do, not counting the cost? I do know one thing for sure, and that is my salvation in Christ and knowing He will return one day for His chosen. My prayer is that my desire to have Neil home, will not over take the passion in waiting for the Lord!

My prayer is that all of you reading this will know the Lord as your personal Savior and when He returns you too will be apart of His eternal home! Our ETERNAL PEACE!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow! What a powerful post. Thanks for the reminder. I hope your waiting for Neil to come home is over very soon.