Thursday, September 11, 2008

3 week update...2 weeks home!

Here are some updates for those of you who are interested...

I always thought that I would get home and not blog as much, but I am getting so many phone calls and e-mails and house guests...that I think I need to update you all!!! AND..I have LOST MY VOICE! Coby had to come home from work on Tuesday and I was in bed half of the day with a sore throat and a VERY bad tummy ache! My voice is still not back..and it is 1:30am and I am wide awake...so here goes!

His Dr. appointment on Monday went great! Dr said that as far as he can tell (without labs being done yet) Neil is doing great. Lots of energy! No visible signs of problems on his body! He is eating great! (pretty much whatever is put in front of him) He has gained a pound and a half since he has been home! (even with the diarrhea...yeah, that's a lot of fun!)

I have to say real quick...every adopting mom has told me about the 'messy diapers' (I hate using the "D" word) when they get home and they are BIG and STINKY and last sometimes up to just about a month. Well.....so far, they are all true! They are just getting smaller and fewer..but they are still gross! Coby and I are at the point that we rock-paper-scissors over who has the next dirty dipper!

OK...back to the update

My Sunday school class at church has been AMAZING and our ADOPT class at church has been fabulous with bringing us dinners and even breakfast!! We are still getting dinners up until Saturday night! Let me tell you who else has gained weight since they have been home???!!! But WAY MORE then a pound and a half!

We have gone out to dinner with a handful of friends...Red Robbin (as you saw the pictures), Dos Margaretta's (don't worry...it's just a Mexican restaurant), The Puffy Muffin (just today! Thanks ladies!! I miss you all!!!) and a few others and Neil loves it!!

We have visited some old jobs and seen some friends and Neil even went to Sunday school on Sunday for the first time! I even stayed for BOTH services and checked on him once! They said he did great and loves all over them! I'm not surprised....he knows how to get you all! I started my BSF class yesterday and Neil is with a babysitter during that time (THANK YOU BARB!!! You are God sent) and she said he was great! I teach pre-school on Tuesday's at church and Neil comes with me....he loves it!!

We have been to the mall, Wall-Mart, Babies-R-Us, Post Office and many other errands and Neil continues to amaze me at how well he does! And he loves the car! And the stroller!

We have started a night time routine and I honestly think I love it more then Neil...but I think he thinks it is pretty cool too! He gets a HOT bottle of milk (word to the wise...mothers adopting....if the baby doesn't drink milk, zap it in the micro....they will gobble it up if it is hot....not warm...hot! Obviously not BURNING hot...but hot...thought I had to clarify that a little more) OK...I'll continue on now...

He lays in my arms as we rock in our Cracker Barrel rocker in the nursery. (Yes!! All you Californians who are at this point saying, "you got a rocker, not a glider??!!" YUP! I am SOUTHERN now! And hey, a rocker will go great with the furniture latter on better then a big white and blue 'glider thing!') OK...I am going on...

And he drinks all the milk and sits up and lays his head on me and wraps his arms around me and hugs we and we rock for about 15min. and then HE IS OUT!!! YES! This is a big change from the screaming and kicking he did on the plane ride home when I would try to do the same thing to get him to go to sleep. I guess he likes mommy's arms and likes to know that hugs are good and they can even calm you down to the point of going to dreamland!!

So...that's our update! We are going to try and lay low this weekend and enjoy our baby and dinners and of course USC Football on Saturday!!!! FIGHT ON!!! I'll post more pictures soon and I will also let you all know when the professional ones from the airport are done and let you all check those out as well! Love to you all!! Thanks for your concern and always asking how we are doing!!! Because of God's hand and MERCY and GRACE...we are ALL doing well!

4 comments:

Mama Fish said...

I was cracking up about rock paper scissors for changing the diapers. lol! We play rock paper scissors all the time here.... now I see a future use for this game. :-)

Ryan and Katie said...

Sounds like he is attaching so well. Aren't those hugs the best! Couldn't be any happier for your family!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Brandy. I have so enjoyed reading your blog and I am so excited for you. I am a children's leader at BSF in Colorado. Enjoy the study this year I hear it is a great one. jandsrussianadoption.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Brandy,
Thanks for the update. I have gotten use to reading about your adventures adopting Neil and love it! We were clients of Coby's but ended up in Knoxville. We are so happy for both of you and love reading about your adventures now that you are home with your little guy! Good Luck!

Susan, Kendall and Cody