Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dr. visit #2

Well, yesterday we had Dr. visit number two and it went good. They had to take blood from Neil, so of course Coby went with me. Coby had the privilege of holding him down while they did it. Neil didn't mind the prick...but hated to be held down. And he had one shot! But as far as we know...A-OK! Neil also experienced his first blue sucker! He loved it! He didn't know what it was until we put it in his mouth and he got a taste of it...and then that was it! He put it in, pull it out, put it in, pull it out...until it was gone! He loved it! Blue lips, teeth, mouth and fingers! After he was done, he put his fingers in to suck them, so of course they turned blue too.

OK...here is the great thing! I won $20!

When I went to our last Dr. appointment, they gave me a 'hat' and a little plastic cup and said that they needed a urine sample. OK....that sounds like fun!

So of course...I put it off! Until yesterday when I realized it was now or never!

So I took everything off him but his socks, put the 'hat' on the toilet seat. Applied one of our toilet seat tops for kids and put him on it. Well...we sat there and he unrolled the toilet paper.... talked to me....and just hung out. Those of you who have not seen our powder room, I decided to paint it Tiffany blue. So here is Neil...naked, with green striped socks sitting in the Tiffany bathroom trying to pee...YES! I took pictures and they are adorable!

So Coby was showering and I decided that I would let Coby wash him before the Dr. apt. and maybe the water running would help. Coby bet me there was NO WAY that Neil would pee sitting on the toilet.

Well.....guess who won $20? ME!! Right after the shower, I brought Neil back to toilet, sat him on it and seconds later we both look down and we were both amazed! Our 18mo old peed on the toilet! There were hi fives going around, happy dances and it was a great moment!

Anyway...besides that all is well! We are trying to not get sick, get rest and just love love love of Neil as much as we can!

6 comments:

Michelle R said...

Brandy- sounds like all is going great. I am sorry we never hooked up after meeting each other w/ Ron and Dinia in Russia. I was thrilled to find your link on Ondrea's blog.. what a great surprise! Ariana is fine.. but we still have all the doctor appointments in our future... really, we have to pee into a bowl?? Take care! Michelle Robson

Holly B. said...

You're killing me... I took some pictures and they are adorable... Not that I expect you to post the nudie potty pictures, but come on. Yet another post without a photo? It's too much for me to bear. Can you commit to one photo a week? Think of poor little Willis logging on here day after after day from her little computer desk, looking for her friend Baby Neil, and being disappointed. No pictures. Do it, Aunt B. Do it for Willis.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That's great that his doctor's appointment went well. Did you take pictures with the blue sucker? :) Congrats on winning the $20! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad parenting is going well!!
I know you are loving it!
Susan, Kendall and Cody Herren

Ryan and Amy said...

So glad to hear that all is going so well. Neil is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! Love the fact that you took pictures and great that you won the $20 :)

Heather & Jason said...

I've been following your blog for forever- and Im so happy for you that you are home and doing so well! God bless you!

ps. You've been tagged. See my blog for details... have fun!