Friday, September 19, 2008

Family

I am sitting here right now thinking about family. I am thinking about my parents, Coby mom, my brothers and sister in laws, nieces and nephews...and all my extended family and how much they all mean to me! They hold special places in my heart that if you place all of them together it creates joy in my spirit!

Coby's step father passed away. He died a few weeks ago and we have just been told this week. He passed away on September 2nd in Long Beach, California.

I know I have not talked much about Coby's family in my blog, so to give you a quick run down and be respectful at the same time, here goes. Coby's father, Neil, passed away when Coby was very young...3 years old. Coby's mother re-married a man named Jerry when Coby was about 5 and they were married till Coby went to college.

Coby and his step fathers relationship was not all that great, so I don't want to go into details, but I do want to express to you all that Coby's mom and Coby are very sad about his death.

I had the opportunity of meeting him a few times and he was very nice. I wish I could say more, but I only had a few times of meeting with him. Please keep Coby's mom in your prayers this coming week as she has a lot on her plate and this is very emotional for her. Please pray for Coby as well as he helps and encourages his mom during this time. They both need energy and clarity in their decisions!

2 comments:

hope2adopt said...

I just want to tell you how darling Neil is. He looks so healthy and happy. God has really blessed you for having so much faith during your long process. We just got assigned to your region and I was wondering if it was normal to have such a long time between trips 1 and 2. I am excited about the region but very concerned with the timing. Congratulations on your beautiful boy!!

Joy said...

Losing a parent is a difficult thing to deal with. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy